- Have you seen magic squares before?
- How could a teacher use these puzzles to help students with different number skills?
- How few blank cells could you leave?
- Are there any special cells?
- Look for short-cuts.
- Try an algebraic formula for creating these puzzles and make some for your classmates.
The activity: MagicSquares.pdf
CCSS: MP2, MP4, 3.OA, 3.NBT, 3.NF, 4.OA, 4.NBT, 4.NF, 5.OA, 5.NBT, 5.NF, 6.NS, 6.EE, 7.NS, 7.EE, 8.NS, 8.EE, 8.F, HS
For members we have an editable word docx and our solutions.