On September 8, 2014, Olive Garden offered a $100 pass for never-ending pasta and Coca Cola soft drinks. The 1,000 patrons who quickly bought up the passes will be entitled to as much pasta as they like (with toppings) from Sept. 22 to Nov. 9. The pasta pass sold out in 45 minutes. Consider starting out the activity with the video at the bottom of this post. Then ask the class to consider these questions.
- Is this a good deal for patrons? What are the pros and cons?
- Will Olive Garden go broke?
- Is this good for the restaurant chain?
- Is the pass priced correctly? If not how much should it cost?
- How should we start answering these questions? What information would be useful?